Forums » News and Announcements

Clark Harris Jersey

• 801 posts
    October 22, 2019 9:54 AM HKT

There was a time when Paul Alexander was highly regarded not only as a member of the Bengals’ coaching staff but as an NFL coach. He was long established among the team before they hired Marvin Lewis as their head coach in 2003 Preston Brown Jersey , and for most of his tenure in Cincinnati, Alexander put together some of the better offensive lines in the NFL. But his recent road to ruin seemingly started when the team stopped giving him incredible talent to work with. Alexander and the Bengals parted ways this winter, two years after the team allowed offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth and offensive guard Kevin Zeitler walk in free agency. Alexander failed to get anything out of first-round pick Cedric Ogbuehi or second-round pick Jake Fisher, and center Russell Bodine never managed to improve on his rocky rookie season. This is something one well-known former Bengals offensive lineman thinks could’ve been due to poor practices.“There were times I thought ‘I’m a 66-year-old man, I might be able to get through [Alexander’s] practice,’” former Bengals offensive lineman and current team radio analyst Dave Lapham said on Lance Mcalister’s radio show. “They stood around killing grass so much... These kids are in their 20’s and he’s not doing anything with them. He’s not pushing them at all, and I’ll tell you. I know I couldn’t last [Frank Pollack’s] practice now. I wouldn’t last 15 minutes.”Alexander accepted a job with the Cowboys shortly after his departure from Cincinnati during this past offseason, but he was relieved of his duties during the Cowboys bye in Week 8. It seems as though even being surrounded by one of the most talented units in football wasn’t enough to save Alexander’s job. It really was telling that the Cowboys decided so quickly that things weren’t working out with Alexander — yet it took the Bengals two seasons of terrible offensive line play to begrudgingly move on from him.It’s hard to argue with Lapham’s statements as you could tell the offensive line Cordy Glenn Jersey , despite being touted by Alexander as tough guys, would often easily get overpowered routinely.Ogbuehi looks like an absolute bust, but Alexander also stood tall in support for Bodine who was one of the worst starting centers in the NFL.Many will tout Pollack, Alexander’s replacement as the offensive line coach for the improved play in that area, but you could easily argue that the upgrades in personnel also have had a significant impact. The team acquired left tackle Cordy Glenn in the offseason, and Bodine’s departure for the Buffalo Bills opened up the opportunity for a fresh talent in Billy Price to take the reigns. While Price has been injured for most of the season thus far, Trey Hopkins filled in more than adequately, despite never playing the position long-term before this season. The biggest criticism you can give Pollack is for his stubbornness to not try and shuffle the offensive line. He seems willing to let Alex Redmond work through his mistakes at right guard Randy Bullock Jersey , which there have been many of so far this season. And he’s essentially strapping the talented Christian Westerman to the bench, just like Alexander had.With that said, it’s clear Pollack is doing more with these guys than Alexander did. And you have to wonder if Alexander could have this same offensive line playing at the same level, or if he just be wasting their talents while killing grass.Bengals WR A.J. Green may be poised for his best season yet Since coming to the Cincinnati Bengals in 2011, A.J. Green has been a major reason as to why the team made five straight playoff brackets. He’s had six 1,000-yard receiving seasons in his seven years, and has been a Pro Bowl nominee every year in the league. He is constantly at the top of receiving statistics and is definitely one of the league’s best. Green recently stated that he’s eyeing the Hall of Fame as his next achievement. Height: 6’4”Weight: 210College: GeorgiaHometown: Summerville, South CarolinaYears of experience: Eight seasonsCap status:Green is in the middle of a four-year Womens Alex Erickson Jersey , $60 million deal. The deal is set to expire after the 2019 season, and he has a 2018 cap hit of $13.75 million. There have been rumors that the Bengals are wanting to give Green another extension to remain in Cincinnati, but there hasn’t been much movement on that front. It has seemingly been put on the back-burner with mega-deals given to Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins this summer.Background:To set the scene, the Bengals were in a major state of upheaval back in 2011. They were just coming off of a deplorable four-win season and their franchise quarterback, Carson Palmer, gave management a trade-me-or-I-quit ultimatum. Cincinnati held the No. 4 overall pick and used it on Green, who has been worth every penny since his arrival. Ironically, the Bengals used their second round pick on quarterback Andy Dalton and they have become one of the league’s most prolific passing duos. He’s been a pillar of consistency Womens Jessie Bates III Jersey , averaging 1,173 yards and over eight touchdowns per season. And, as if that isn’t enough, Green is poised to become the team’s all-time leader in almost every major statistical category. Here’s a look at his stats and where his ranks in Bengals franchise history:Receptions: 8,213; second in franchise historyReceiving yards: 556; second in franchise historyTouchdowns: 57; third in franchise historyReception yards per game: 80.5; first in franchise historyPro Bowls: 7; second in franchise history2018 outlook:Green seems to be on more of a mission this year than in years past. That’s not to say that he hasn’t been previously focused, but the frustrating year that was 2017 seemed to get to him. Whether it was evident in his exploding on Jalen Ramsey, or the fourth-lowest receiving numbers in his career, Green wants to have a gigantic season. And Clark Harris Jersey , even though the cupboard is stocked with weapons on offense to potentially take some stats away from him, he’s still the No. 1 option in the passing attack. If the Bengals are going to have a rebound season in 2018, the great all-around game Green presents as a receiver will need to be on the forefront of the offense. Given the fact that he has been targeted at an average of 136 times per season, we think he’ll put up the numbers we’re accustomed to—and then some. With the way this offense is construed to take attention away from Green, don’t be surprised if 2018 turns out to be his best season as pro.